Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
MMU Sport Photographer / Videographer (Manchester)
BUCS is the governing body for British Universities & Colleges Sport. It provides inter-university leagues and competitions throughout the academic year with most games played on Wednesday afternoons.
We are looking for a reliable and technically competent individual to capture the home games and clubs in action (both photography and video) on Wednesday afternoons. Content will be used across the MMU Sport channels including social media, blog, newsletters, university collateral and any other publicity as appropriate, for which you will be given named credit.
- To photograph/video identified fixtures on a weekly basis
- To photograph and edit high quality imagery throughout the BUCS season
- Ability to take high quality photographs/video and edit footage
- You will be required to use your own equipment
- Familiarity with live action photography or a willingness to learn
- Committed & reliable
- An understanding/interest in sport (desirable)
Support & Training:
- Role specific training will be provided by Sports Marketing & Communications Officer
- You will have access to our Sports Volunteering Support Scheme, which will reward and recognise you as you begin logging your volunteering hours
- Travel expenses will be provided (up to £5 per trip)
- We will require you to be available most Wednesday afternoons (however, we are flexible based on availability).
Skills & experience you'll gain from this role:
- Understanding and experience of photographing live sporting events across a variety of sports
- Opportunity to build a professional portfolio
- Opportunity to have your work published across a number of different channels
Various venues in Manchester, M17EL
Access to our Volunteer Support Scheme.
See essential criteria.
BUCS Sport, Journalism, Marketing , Match Reporting, Media, Social Media, University Sport, Videography
You must be over 18 years old
Accessible Expenses Paid
Age Groups Adults
Open from Thursday 12th October 2017 to Saturday 30th June 2018
Closing on Wednesday 4th April 2018 in 110 days.
Left on Thursday 30th November 2017 for Journalists for BUCS sport home games
The Hive Live team are great!
Left on Wednesday 24th May 2017 for BUCS sport home games: roving reporters!
Left on Friday 24th March 2017 for BUCS sport home games: roving reporters!
Lots of support and a fun experiance
Left on Thursday 24th November 2016 for MMU Sport Marketing Assistant
Relaxed atmosphere, given a lot of tasks to complete throughout the day so never left bored or looking for more work. Thoroughly enjoying this opportunity so far.
Left on Saturday 19th November 2016 for MMU Sport Marketing Assistant
I enjoyed myself very much and I learned a lot! Looking forward to next week!!
Left on Monday 14th November 2016 for Hive Live Radio Presenter